Class Blog 6th September 2017
Primary 7 has had a busy week visiting the bridge twice.
On Monday the 4th September the children in Primary 6 & 7 attended the opening ceremony of the new Queensferry Crossing bridge.
The Queen was there to cut the ribbon and some of our pupils were lucky enough to to meet her-a moment they will remember no doubt!
Some of the pupils were interviewed by STV; Sky News and the BBC News. The children represented themselves and the school marvellously and we would like to take this opportunity to thank them for this.
Please see below for some of the pictures from the day…….
Primary 7 Class Blog Friday 1st September 2017
Dear Parents/Carers and Primary 7 pupils.
I have great pleasure in sharing some of the key learning skills we will be focusing on this term. The children will work with me next week to choose some themes and topics to learn these skills through.
I must say that I am very impressed with the Primary 7 pupils this year and am very excited to have the pleasure of working with them and you.
Please if you have any questions or suggestions for us that would help our learning write a note for me in your child’s Homework Diary. If you or a member of the family are able to come in and share some expertise on any of these topics we would very much appreciate your time (you don’t have to be an expert and often it is invaluable for children to listen to people other than their teacher). Also if you have any ideas we could use to help us learn the skills below please could you write these in the Homework Diary too.
Many thanks as always for your continued help and support.
Term I 2017/18 Primary 7 learning Skills
– Estimating & rounding.
– Profit & loss accounting (ICT).
– Time: telling, timetables, durations etc.
– Problem solving= Patterns & Relationships.
– Listening & talking.
– Organise ideas clearly to engage the audience.
– Creating texts (assemblies, posters ICT) sharing my ideas and experiences, asking/answering questions.
– Reading for fluency & expression, engaging the audience.
– Finding and using information.
– Using HOTS questioning.
– Writing using correct punctuation and grammar.
– Writing using effective organisation and presentation.
– Writing fluently to engage the reader.
– Mental and emotional HWB-I can express my feelings appropriately.
– I understand how emotions change continually and ID with them less.
– I give support to others learning friendship skills.
– I can travel safely and aware how to judge risk.
4. Social Studies – People, Past Events & Society:
– Use primary & secondary sources of evidence.
– Compare and contrast similarities and differences giving egs.
– I can explain facts about important events, times and people and why they were important.
5. ICT and Technology:
– I can access information backing up what I learn from a variety of sources.
– I use ICT responsibly and safely.
– I create and manipulate a range of media (pics, sound, text) using a variety of applications/programmes.
Primary 7 Class Blog 30th August 2017
Returning from the summer holidays we got straight to work!
In Maths we have been learning to problem solve cracking simple, moderate and fiendish Sudoku puzzles.
We were also using our problem solving skills using statistical information on a football World Cup Tournament.
Primary 7 has been reading Kidnapped, the well-known Robert Louis Stevenson novel set in the 19th century.
It tells the tale of a young man named Davie embarking on an extraordinary adventure across Scotland.
It’s a very interesting story.
Soon our class will be attending the Queensferry Bridge opening ceremony. We are excited because the Queen
is due to attend and perhaps one or more of us will meet her.
After this we will be visiting the bridge once again, this time to walk along it.
This will be a one off chance as the bridge will only be for vehicles normally and not pedestrians.
P7 pupils are also beginning their paired and individual assembly presentations. There are
a variety of topics and each is very different. We are expecting them to be AMAZING!
Written by A.W. P7.